Words of Lizzardie




Monday, July 23, 2001

All right, the truth has come out. I've been able to keep this dark, hidden secret of mine quiet for the past two year - no one here at Cornell knew, but it couldn't stay secret for long. I might as well enlighten you all now, as it's just not fair for a few to know the truth. Here goes. *Liz takes a deep breath.* I'm a complete klutz. Yes, I know, I know, the truth hurts, but I just felt you all should know. (I should end the drama now, huh?) Yesterday, I went to Burger King with Amy and managed to spill all of my large coke all over her and her food. It was quite a sight. Luckily, Amy has a wonderful sense of humor and felt that the whole thing was very amusing, even though she felt completely ridiculous in her soggy wet clothes. It helped, of course, that the wonderful people at Burger King gave her brand new food. I felt absolutely horrible, though. I thought that was the end of my klutziness, but I was wrong. This morning I spilled orange juice all over the floor in class. Yuck. The worst part as that by the end of class the orange juice combined with the humidity produced an absolutely horrid smell. Yuck (again). The coke incident can be blamed on a hangover, I suppose, but I really don't think I had an excuse this morning. Such is life.

I have tests this week. I should be studying now, but you all know my study habits (or lack thereof). Luckily, that is the only work I have this week. Yipee! That really leaves more time to prepare for my move this weekend. I really hate packing, but it has to be done. The reason I hate it so much is because I'm forever organizing and reorganizing my stuff to get the optimal fit (I think this is really why I'm an OR major - major perfectionist, right here). A list of things to be packed, things going to CT, things I wish I could bring home to IL, what I will do with the stuff I'm not bringing to CT, etc.... keeps running through my head. I keep wanting to get up and pack more stuff, even though I've got a lot done and I really should be studying. It's way, way too distracting. And how in the world am I going to get it all to the new apartment? And to the third floor? Yikes. If you're in Ithaca, and have a car, or just like moving heavy boxes, let me know, I'd love the help (and will somehow repay you, believe me).

And then there's the whole birthday thing. For some reason, I don't really like my birthday. I think it's because I think it should be the one day of the year where everything goes my way, but that's never the case. Plus, I don't expect anyone to plan a celebration for me (actually, it's more that deep down, I'd feel guilty if someone did), so I need to plan my own celebration. Now, I don't mind making plans ahead of time. But everyone else I know....no offense, of course, I just like to know what's going on, so that I know I won't be sitting home by myself on my birthday. That's understandable, right??? I think so. 20 years old. Wow. I remember when I was 10 - I was so excited to be a whole decade old. Now I'm going to be 2 decades and it means nothing now. What a difference 10 years makes. Now, my birthday NEXT YEAR, on the other hand....

All right, enough about me (ha! that's what this whole thing is, right?). I'm going to study now. Or play computer games. Wish me luck on my tests!!!

- Lizzardie, at 11:52 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com