Words of Lizzardie




Thursday, June 28, 2001

So....here was my thought process....when I first decided to do co-op, I figured that it would suck to have to take classes over the summer, but that was okay, because no one would be around, so I would have time to study....then I found out that several people WOULD be around for the summer, and I got worried - I would probably want to hang out with said people all the time (because I can't bear the thought of missing something fun) and when would I have time to study - everyone kept telling me how hard co-op classes are....of course neither of those two scenarios panned out. Yes, there are people here. But, no matter how much I see them, it's not enough. I had lunch with Amy on Monday and dinner with Amy on Tuesday, but still spent the rest of those two days (when I wasn't in class) extremely bored. No, the classes aren't hard. Two classes, 4 prelims down. What are my prelim grades, you ask? Accounting: 100/100, 100/100. Stats: 58/60, 97/100. I filled out my course evaluation for stats today - for the question how much time outside of classes to you spend on said course, I put 5-8 hours, really thinking it was closer to 2-4 hours. 2-4 hours/week on a 4 credit, 6 week course that's normally taught in 14 weeks. What was I told my second day at Cornell? "You should spend between 2-3 hours per credit hour per week (a semester week, not a summer week) per class." What a joke.

And yet I think, wow, my biggest problem is that I'm doing too well in my classes for my satisfaction. What the hell is my problem? I invite you all to smack some sense into me, because I'm just being dumb. I'm satisfied with my social life, my family isn't grating on my nerves (hard to do when they're all 1000 miles away), I'm healthy, and I'm currently breezing by classes at a university that's known for working its students way too hard. Right now, of all the people I know, I'm the last one who should be able to complain about anything.

Wow, Liz, you really make sense. Thanks for all your help. =) It's amazing how writing it all down puts things into perspective.

- Lizzardie, at 12:19 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com