Words of Lizzardie




Wednesday, June 06, 2001

It's just been one of those days.... I've felt really out of it today. I'm not really sure why, because nothing special happened to put me in a bad mood. I guess I could blame it on my impending prelims, but I'm not too worried about them. Acctng will be easy, as long as I check my arithmetic (confession: while I'm pretty good at calculus, I think I forgot how to add and subtract long ago). And stats - well, I have a day to study yet and we haven't really gone over THAT much that's new material. So, no, I don't think it's the prelims.

I think it's more that I'm bored. There's, like, no one around. For the first time, I have very unsocial roommates - not cool, because I need more human reaction in a day. Not too many of my friends are around right now, either. It's that off time where everyone seems to be home for a couple weeks before settling in here for the summer. I, on the other hand, have had no break. There are the other engineers, but I swear, it feels like high school again. Small classes, where I fit in, but don't fit in. I mean, the other engineers are nice and everything, but being a newcomer, I don't really feel like I gel with them. I can't really explain it, I guess.

Perhaps this feeling of dread comes from the fact that for the first time I can remember, I have a negative amount of money. Not good, not good at all. I'll be fine once loans come through, but I owe a couple people money and I have a rather large credit card payment due next week. Hopefully it will all work out. Had to ask my parents for money - they're going to come through, but it was very painful on my ego (I guess - it was painful somehow) to ask. Right now, I'm just trusting that everything will work out.

I ran into Allison the other day. She's living with Ryoko this summer, who was at Shirley's graduation party (she was Shirley's sister's roommate this past year). I swear, directly or indirectly, PSP is connected to everyone I know on campus. Given that there are 13,000 undergrads on campus, and that I know only a tiny fraction of these people, I find this slightly eerie (spelled correctly this time, Jaclyn). I guess the world really is much smaller than I think it is, even here at Cornell.

- Lizzardie, at 12:25 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com