Words of Lizzardie




Saturday, June 02, 2001

I'm back from lunch. You can tell how terribly interesting it is to work here, haha. Tanya came in, and said that possibly next week it will still be slow, but then it will pick up for the rest of the summer. I suppose that's good. I mean, right now I could do my homework, but I don't really have motivation for acctng. right now.

So I went to the festival, had some festival food. I was a little disappointed. I got deep dish pizza from the Nines booth - it wasn't deep dish pizza. Just because you don't roll the dough as thin or you put the pizza in a square pan does not make it deep dish pizza. I suppose I'm slightly biased, though. The fresh-squeezed lemonade wasn't as good as I had hoped, either. At least the baklava was good, although I wished I had seen the stuff at the Greek Orthodox Church booth before I got the stuff I did. It looked much better. I had a delicious pineango shaved ice thing, too, which was pretty good.

I do love these fair things, though. I could spend hours looking at all of the crafts. It's a good thing I don't have a lot of money, because if I did, I'd probably buy a whole ton of useless stuff. They had these really cool marquetry mirrors and tables. I saw one of those Home and Garden shows on marquetry once (I don't know why I watched it, but I did) and it's definitely an art. I guess the only good schools for it are in France, and it takes a lot of practice. This would explain why these things were going for 800, 900, more than a thousand dollars on some of one. They were quite beautiful. I also love how much tye-dye stuff you find at these things. Tye-dye hasn't been in style for years now, yet there are always at least 3 or 4 tents selling tye-dye products.

Okay, I'm going to go and attempt some accounting. Probably a good idea, because we all know how much work I manage to accomplish in my apartment.

- Lizzardie, at 3:45 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com