Words of Lizzardie




Monday, June 11, 2001

I thought I would jot a few words down, even though *gasp* I don't really have a lot of time. It turns out that I'm acing stats as well as accounting. It should feel good, but really, it doesn't. I mean, yeah, I'm happy that I'm doing so well, who wouldn't be? But it faintly reminds me of high school. After two years of college, I find it more satisfying to know that I've actually studied for something than to know that I walked in without a care in the world and threw down all the right answers. And everyone keeps asking me, so how are classes going? And I tell them, honestly of course. At first I was like, no one else is taking classes right now, so I shouldn't feel bad about telling everyone I'm doing well. But, for some reason, I do. I just don't know. I'm going insane, it's beginning to be so dull around here. It's a good thing people started rolling back in town, otherwise I don't know what I would do. Continue the boring repetition of go to class, eat, sleep, do some work, sleep some more, update my webpage, eat, go to sleep, start the whole process over again. Yeah, I know, you're reading this going, poor Liz, how horrible she has it, haha. But seriously, how many of you (especially if you're a friend from home) have looked at me with contempt because I've spent most of my life being able to coast by. There's a downside, I've decided. I have no passion, really, for anything I do. I don't know what it's like to work hard - it's like I chose my major for its ability to best satisfy my agenda, but I don't find myself truly enthralled with it. It's not that everyone is enthralled with their major. It's that I know that I'm not truly interested in the inner working of operations research. This really bothers me. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it definitely bothers me.

On a lighter note, Amy (Gershkoff - one of the many Amy's I know) is back in town, so things should start being a bit more interesting. I'm going to Wegman's with her tomorrow, which isn't exciting, but I need food. I'm also going to try and hitch a ride to Syracuse with her ASAP, as I really really need to go shopping. Not really, but I really really want to go shopping. And, she has big plans to go to the Haunt for 80's night every Saturday night this summer. I don't know if I can manage to go every Saturday - that might actually kill me - but I would definitely be up for some dancing this summer. I'm determined to make my summer in Ithaca the best summer I've had thus far. Let's see how I do....

- Lizzardie, at 11:57 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com