Words of Lizzardie




Friday, June 01, 2001

I just had the most delicious dinner. Natalie came over and we went to Wegman's to go shopping. I spent quite a bit of money.... Then we came back here and made pizza - you know, one of those Boboli things. We put tomatoes, green peppeers, mushrooms and onions on it, in addition to sauce and cheese. It was very, very yummy. Filling, too. You know how deep dish pizza is filling? It's because there's so much grease, I think. This was filling because it contained actual nutricious ingredients. Then, of course, we made a cake. =) Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Golden (? I don't really know what this means) with Chocolate Butter Cream frosting. Yuuuuummmmm. If you're nearby, there's still a ton left.... I realized that I would cook more - the food is so much better when you know what exactly is in it - but it takes way too long. To go to Wegman's, come back, cook the pizza and cake and eat them, it took Natalie and I three hours. Imagine if I spent that much time every day on food (and that's just one meal). I wouldn't be going to Cornell for much longer, that's for sure.

Hopefully, I won't need to go to the store again anytime soon, because I spent a lot of money on food. Almost my entire budget for 2 weeks! Of course, there was some cookingware in there - a sheetpan and pizza pie thing - but still. I can't really afford to go over my budget this summer, especially since getting more financial aid out of Cornell (even outside loans) has been like squeezing water from a rock.

I still have to go throught my fridge and freezer to see what, if anything spoiled during the great power outtage. I got an email from Amy today - she said that Surbhi specifically told David and Eric that the power had to be switched to one of their names by May 30th. Since yesterday was the 31st, I guess it makes sense that they turned off. And, I would like to know how the freezer door was mysteriously left open this morning. I know it was closed last night - I did everything I could to not open the fridge or freezer yesterday to keep all of the cold air in. Yet I get a knock on my door this morning from the landlord, who said water was leaking from our floor. It was from our freezer, which was wide open, melting all over the place. And I just bought new ice cream, too...

Hopefully this weekend will be relatively calm. I enjoy fun weekends, of course, but last weekend was bit too much. First 80's night at the Haunt with Amy (different Amy) and friends. While fun, it was like dancing in a sauna. And it just figures that as I'm about ready to collapse from the excruciating pain of my feet (so I shouldn't wear such uncomfortable shoes), that's when the guys start asking me to dance. What I want to know is where were they when I first got there? Then graduation and then Shirley's graduation party. And if everyone I know can avoid falling into a lake (specifically Cayuga Lake) this weekend, I'll be very, very pleased.

- Lizzardie, at 9:46 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com