Words of Lizzardie




Friday, June 08, 2001

I just ate an orange, which has done the most out of anything I've tried today (including sleep and ibuprofen) to combat my headache. Go Vitamin C!

Anyway, as I said I would, I spent a good couple hours today outside calling CT. I spoke with some people and I also left a lot of voice mails. Of the people I spoke with, some were nice, some were not. It looks like I will have a place to live, though, the only question is how far away will it be. I don't mind driving, but these people I spoke with seemed concerned. Price seems pretty much set in stone, but it also appears reasonable. No one I spoke with was like, we're raising our prices to 200/week - good sign.

Other than that, it's been pretty dull. Got a chapter of acctng. read - hope to have another one read by the end of the night, since there's really nothing else to do. Wow, it's boring here over the summer. At least right now it is - where the hell is everyone? Sheesh. Tomorrow I will go into work - hopefully it will either be busier or I will be able to get some work done. Who knows.

I have a few complaints (what else is new) with the financial aid office. I swear - all I ever heard in the beginning stages of the co-op process was how financial aid was done the same as if it was a regular semester. I have found that this isn't true, and the fin. aid office might want to let the people in the co-op office know this. First, there's the fact that I can't get anymore money. I haven't even asked Cornell to give me more money. I just want to be able to take out more loan money. But will they let me? No. Then there's the fact that my federal loan has yet to disburse, even though I keep getting told that it will "any day now." And they said they'd increase my loan by a couple hundred dollars (from me reducing my work-study) but when I look at my CitiAssist account, does it appear they've contacted them? Nope. And here's the killer - I just looked at my bursar bill and there's a finance charge for my balance. What ever happened to pending credit? Before that, though, CitiAssist says they've disbursed 500 dollars more, but is that on my bill? No. So, money that should be there isn't and I'm not getting credited for money that will be coming. If this was a regular semester, there would be pending credit. Especially at this early in the game. Now, this means I have to go in there AGAIN to talk to them. They'll probably wave their hands again and say it will all be fine, but this is ridiculous. I need some damn money. There's this thing called Liz has to eat. Liz also has to pay bills. I got money from my parents today, but that went straight towards my credit card bill (which was mostly a school expense - I charged my books). At least now I'll actually have room under my limit to charge things. ARGH!!!!!!!!! GRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

- Lizzardie, at 10:05 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com