Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, June 05, 2001

I got my web statistics today on my webpage from CUPeople. I was looking at the referral stats and it said that someone got to my page from google. So I go there, and start typing things in. If you type in "Elizabeth Jones Cornell," one of the first things you get is a listing of ORIE majors here at Cornell. So, yes, I actually do come up in a search engine. If you try "Liz's Home Page Cornell," the fourth site down is, you got it, my webpage. So, so eerie. I mean, I've used search engines before, but I never actually thought that I would find myself coming up in one. I don't know if I like this or not.

I've decided to track all of my pages of my site. I realized that while I have a good idea of who is visiting the main page, I have no idea who is visiting the other pages (and I know there are a lot of them). While I don't have the page just in the hopes of people visiting it and showering me with attention, it would be nice to know if it's actually worth my time and effort to update pages as frequently as I do. And (I have a feeling soon) at some point I will run out of space on the server, and will have to eliminate some things. So, if no one ever visits my archives, why have them at all, right? This certainly isn't meant to be a plug to go and visit every page on my site. I just want to know what interests people and what doesn't. I hope no one is wasting their time laboring over every single page I have up. Liz Hartman said at one time that she went to my page, and ended up spending an hour there. And while I'm flattered, I know that everyone has their own lives that need not be spent on my site. Now that I put up code to capture stats on this page, I know that at least one person has read it, so I guess this is worth my time and effort to update frequently.

I talked with Amy Austin on IM today. I was really excited, because it's been so long since I've talked to her. I sent out an email to a whole slew of people who I've lost contact with, not sure if anyone would respond back to me. Amy has, so I know it's all worthwhile. I realize that I definitely deserve a large chunk of the blame for falling out of contact with a lot of people, and now that I'm not sure when I'll be back home again, I'm definitely feeling it. I mean, how many times have I gone, well, I'll be home in a couple months/weeks/days? Or, when I'm home, I'm still here for another month/week/day? Well, the months, weeks and days until I'm home again have suddenly multiplied by a possibly infinite number and right now, the months, weeks and days that I'm home have shrunk to zero. It's amazing how fast two years have gone by. And Amy might come and visit me in August, which would be really cool. I love visitors!

Studying for my prelims is actually going pretty well. Acctng is pretty tedious, but at the same time, it's pretty easy, too. I was able to correctly do most of the practice prelim, and I didn't have to look anything up - always a good sign. The TA (who actually took the practice prelim when she was in the class) said that Prof. Callister doesn't offer any tricks in any of his tests and that if you understand the homework, you'll do fine. This is a very good thing to me. Interestingly, when Prof. Callister told us about the date of the prelim (none of this is set in stone, it seems, for summer classes) he referred to it as a "little quiz." Not exactly what I would call a prelim, but hey, whatever. While acctng. is, once again, tedious, and he doesn't tell outright jokes, he has a very dry sense of humor, which definitely makes class more bearable. That, and he's from the Midwest, and as a Midwesterner, it's really obvious. None of this is really important, of course, but I just thought anyone reading this should know that I'm not stressed out (yet - give it another two weeks).

- Lizzardie, at 1:22 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com